On one particular weekend in mid-March, the weather seemed nice enough for a little overnight hike around Ancient Lakes, Washington, a beautiful area that with a rich geological history... and a lot of horses, kids on mountain bikes, and loose boulders.
A visit that could raise the following, suspenseful questions:
- Will Steve manage to find some solitude?
- Will Steve stay warm and dry at night?
- Will Steve be well-fed?
- Will Steve be back to Seattle in time to join his 3PM workshop on perception of time & art?
- How will Steve navigate the myriad of trails in the area?
- Will Steve consume the lake water, rumored to be chockfull of nitrates and agricultural runoff from nearby farmland?
All this & more follows.